Thursday, June 23, 2016

JUNE VISIT TO WOODHALL SPA AIRFIELD 22 June 2016

Today the Louth U3A Flora, Fauna and Ornithology Group (which includes LWT members) revisited the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust's site at Woodhall Spa Airfield to see how the Trust was progressing with the regeneration of the area as a nature reserve. Massive changes in a year and an amazing vision to create an area to commemorate both the Lancaster aircraft and men of the 'Dambusters' 617 Squadron and the men of 627 Squadron who fought so bravely during WWII, as well as to provide a wildlife area for visitors to enjoy into the future.
Kevin James, the Mid-Lincs Warden of the LWT, gave us a wonderful overview of the work that has already been completed and what is planned over the next few years. We all enjoyed it very much and returned home far more knowledgeable than when we had arrived.

One thing that really struck a chord for me was the lone wild red poppy growing at the end of the original runway. How appropriate as a natural sign of remembrance! JW



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vote Eagle.. keep Trident. Respect to the armed Services

11:54 am  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home